Pulse on the Market
The first session of the day begins with status update of the overall industry. RDC has fueled branch transformation & enterprise risk management, and has been a critical driver of mobile banking. Recent developments continue to expand the use, markets, and applications of RDC solutions. In this session, we’ll share informed and unique insights obtained via RemoteDepositCapture.com polls, surveys, and research. Stay abreast of the latest trends, technology, issues, and developments in the Remote Deposit Capture Industry by attending this session.
Topics to be covered:
• RDC Industry Poll Results
• RDC Market Maturity / Growth Opportunity
• mRDC Transactional Value
• Small Business Growth Opportunity
• Industry Check Destruction Recommendations
• Integrated Receivables Insights
• RDC Innovation Roadmap
• Risk / Benefit perception of RDC & mRDC
• Risk Management Update
• Functionality Benchmarking
• New Tech Innovations
• Industry Opportunities
RDC Risk Management
The technologies and application of RDC continue to evolve and transform. As the underlying technologies and uses for RDC change, so too must RDC Risk Management. Presented by John Leekley, advisor to the FFIEC and widely regarded as the preeminent industry expert on RDC, this session will focus upon evolving RDC Risk Management best practices, system capabilities, technological changes and trends, and address issues surrounding hot topics including Mobile Deposit and “Duplicate” prevention. Current fraud trends will be discussed, including ways to thwart the fraudsters, and a glimpse into the future of RDC Risk Management will be provided.
Key Learning Objectives:
• Updated 2017 RDC Risk Management Best Practices
• Current & Developing RDC Risk Management system functionality, including Mobile RDC
• Current RDC Fraud Trends & Tactics
• Putting Theory into Practice; thwarting the fraudsters
• Evolving approaches to RDC Risk Management
• Industry Data on Check Retention and Hold Times
• Specific Functionality used in RDC Risk Management
• Specific Segmented Risk Management Profile Setups
• mRDC Industry Study results
Top 5 RDC Audit Findings & Resolutions
The FFIEC guidance, Risk Management of Remote Deposit Capture, was issued for examiners, financial institutions, and technology service providers to identify risks, evaluate controls, and assess risk management practices related to remote deposit capture systems.
Per the guidance:
• An FI offering RDC should have sound risk management and mitigation systems in place and periodically conduct a risk assessment to identify the related types and levels of risk exposure.
• Appropriate technology and process controls should be implemented to address operational risk.
• Effective risk measurement and monitoring systems should be implemented.
When did your FI last perform an RDC risk assessment?
Join Donna Ashworth, EVP & Risk & Compliance Officer of PaymentsFirst. Leveraging expertise in RDC compliance and risk management procedures, this session will reveal the Top 5 RDC Audit Findings & Resolutions.